Keith W. McDaniel / Member
Keith McDaniel is a member of McCranie Sistrunk Anzelmo Hardy McDaniel & Welch, LLC. and leads the firm’s product liability group. Mr. McDaniel represents clients in tort litigation across a spectrum of practice areas including general liability, products liability, mass tort, life sciences, and toxic tort. He has defended manufacturers of products from the automotive, construction, household product, industrial machinery, life sciences, and medical device industries. Over the course of his practice, he has been involved in hundreds of cases and has tried a large number to a defense verdict. In addition to acting as lead trial counsel throughout Louisiana and other states in the gulf south, he has served on regional and national trial teams coordinating litigation and/or responses to governmental agencies for clients. He has also defended clients in catastrophic matters involving asbestos exposure, toxic tort, environmental, general liability, transportation, and agricultural matters. He enjoys an active appellate practice and has been instrumental in developing much of the law interpreting aspects of the Louisiana Products Liability Act. Finally, he enjoys speaking on product liability and litigation skills and the emerging issues relating thereto and has presented to industry groups, professional associations, and law schools.
In addition to Louisiana, Mr. McDaniel is also licensed to practice in Mississippi. Mr. McDaniel is rated “AV” Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, is an active member of DRI, FDCC, PLAC and USLAW, where he served for a time as Chair of it’s Catastrophic Tort and Products group.
- B.A., Chemistry, University of Mississippi, 1983.
- J.D., University of Mississippi, 1985.
- Member, Moot Court Board 1985-1986, Chairman 1986.
- Order of the Barristers, 1986.
- Class Action
- Crisis Management
- General Tort Litigation
- Life Sciences
- Mass Tort
- Products Liability Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Automobile Products Liability Matter
- Costly v. Nissan
- Bordelon v. Ford Motor Company
- Brumfield v. Ford Motor Company
- Morvant v. Ford Motor Company
- McNabb v. Ford Motor Company
- Franklin v. Ford Motor Company
- Reynolds v. Nissan
- Diane Morgan, As Provisional Administrator of the Estate of Keibreon Morgan
- Jack B. Harper Contractor, Inc. v. United Fiberglass of America, Inc.
- Michael R. Duncan v. Ford Motor Company
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- National Native American Bar Association
- The Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- The Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- The New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel