Michael R. Sistrunk / Member
Michael Sistrunk has received Martindale Hubbell’s highest “AV” rating for over twenty consecutive years. He was named by The Times-Picayune as one of the “Top Lawyers of Louisiana”. He has been primarily responsible for major litigation of transportation litigation, personal injury liability claims including claims of hotel-innkeeper liability, insurance coverage, professional liability, and excess claims
Mr. Sistrunk is the Chair Emeritus, USLAW NETWORK for the 2009-2010 term. USLAW NETWORK is a national organization of over sixty independent US Law firms covering the United States with affiliates in Europe and Central America. Mr. Sistrunk has served as a Louisiana Bar Examiner in Torts for over twenty years. He is a member of Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA), the Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA), the Defense Research Institute (DRI), and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC).
In the transportation arena, he has defended carriers in numerous catastrophic losses, some involving illicit substances with their drivers. He has assembled a highly competent rapid response team with experts to evaluate the loss, preserve evidence, reconstruct the accident and obtain criminal counsel when necessary. He has presented in-house seminars on best practices/litigation trends with clients to prepare them in an ever-changing and challenging environment.
Mr. Sistrunk became a founding member of McCranie Sistrunk Anzelmo Hardy McDaniel & Welch after serving as director in 1991 and section head of casualty at McGlinchey Stafford law firm. The McCranie Sistrunk firm has been awarded the 2016 Top Ranked Law Firms award and the 2013 Top 500 Go-To Law Firm award.
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1974.
- J.D., Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert School of Law, 1976, at age 22.
- Trucking & Transportation Industry Defense
- Jessica Faust v. United States Automobile Assn/USAA
- Casey Krueger vs. La Quinta Inn & Suites
- Ruffin v. Stewart and Associates, and Republic Vanguard Insurance Company
- Deloris Butler, et al vs. Billy David, The Town of Welsh, and Southern Insurance Company
- Jorge A. Espinosa v. Accor North America, Inc., Et Al.
- Maurice Fontenot and Susan Melton Fontenot v. Jarred Levar Stevens, Carl’s Rentals, and Republic Fire and Casualty Insurance Company
- Tyron Eastwood v. Niblett’s Bluff Park Authority and Southern Insurance Company
- Hebert v. Specialized Environmental Resources, LLC, et al
- Guillory v. Republic Underwriters Insurance Company
- Reno Gregoire, Jr. v. RSUI/Landmark American Insurance Company
- Amy Ochello v. RSUI/Landmark American Insurance Company
Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC)
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest “AV” over 20 years
- Times Picayune “Top Lawyers of Louisiana”
- Chair Emeritus, USLAW NETWORK 2009-2010
- Louisiana Bar Examiner in Torts for over 20 years