Sidney J. Hardy / Member
Sidney Hardy has served as lead counsel, trying over 70 jury trials to conclusion, in both federal and state courts since 1980. He has represented defendants in matters involving insurance coverage litigation, transportation and trucking, construction, products liability, premises liability, employment matters, commercial disputes, municipal and governmental casualty claims, environmental claims, medical malpractice, longshoreman claims, and class actions. During his career, he has tried jury cases in almost all of these practice areas. He has extensive experience in representing both primary and excess insurance carriers in all stages of litigation.
Mr. Hardy began his legal career in Alabama, where he is still a member of the bar. He relocated to Louisiana in 1983 and has served on the Louisiana Bar Foundation and is a Lecturer for various Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
In addition to Louisiana, Mr. Hardy is also licensed to practice in Alabama.
- B.A., University of Alabama, 1975.
- J.D., University of Alabama, 1980.
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial/Construction Litigation & Arbitration
- Employment & Labor
- Governmental/Municipal Liability & Lobbying
- Insurance Coverage
- Life Sciences
- Longshoreman Claims
- Managed Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Multi-District, Toxic Tort & Other Complex Areas
- Premises Liability
- Trucking & Transportation Industry Defense
- One River Place Condominium Association, Inc. v. Axis Surplus Insurance Company
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- The Federal Bar Association
- The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Copyrights of Film Performance
- Benefits of Employment Practices Coverage