Michael Sistrunk has received Martindale Hubbell’s highest “AV” rating for twenty consecutive years. Named by The Times Picayune as one of the “Top Lawyers of Louisiana”. Since 1976, he has been primarily responsible for major litigation of personal injury liability claims including claims of hotel-innkeeper liability, transportation litigation, insurance coverage and excess claims. He has also served as trial counsel in matters involving wrongful denial of coverage and suits against public bodies, corporate officers and directors.
Mr. Sistrunk is the Chair Emeritus, USLAW NETWORK for the 2009-2010 term after having served on the Executive Committee for 5 years. USLAW NETWORK is a national organization of over sixty independent US Law firms covering the United States. Mr. Sistrunk has served as a Louisiana Bar Examiner in Torts for over twenty years. He is a member of Trucking Industry Defense Association, the Transportation Lawyers Association, the Defense Research Institute, and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel.
Mr. Sistrunk became a founding member of McCranie Sistrunk Anzelmo Hardy McDaniel & Welch after serving as director and section head of casualty at McGlinchey Stafford law firm.
B.A., Louisiana State University, 1974.
J.D., Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert School of Law, 1976, at age 22.
- Casey Krueger vs. La Quinta Inn & Suites
- Ruffin v. Stewart and Associates, and Republic Vanguard Insurance Company
- Deloris Butler, et al vs. Billy David, The Town of Welsh, and Southern Insurance Company
- Jorge A. Espinosa v. Accor North America, Inc., Et Al.
- Maurice Fontenot and Susan Melton Fontenot v. Jarred Levar Stevens, Carl’s Rentals, and Republic Fire and Casualty Insurance Company
- Tyron Eastwood v. Niblett’s Bluff Park Authority and Southern Insurance Company
- Hebert v. Specialized Environmental Resources, LLC, et al
- Guillory v. Republic Underwriters Insurance Company
- Reno Gregoire, Jr. v. RSUI/Landmark American Insurance Company
- Amy Ochello v. RSUI/Landmark American Insurance Company