Donna Bramlett Wood’s practice includes insurance defense, construction law, worker’s compensation, mass tort litigation, hurricane litigation, premise liability and automobile accidents. She has participated in numerous trials in state courts, including administrative agencies, and has vast experience in appellate work. She is admitted to practice in the State of Louisiana trial and appellate courts and the United States District Court including the Eastern, Middle, and Western districts. She is a member of Louisiana Bar Association. Before attending law school, she worked as a casualty claims representative for Allstate Insurance Company and Aetna Casualty Insurance Company.
General Civil Practice
Trucking & Transportation Industry
B.S., Psychology, Louisiana State University, 1983. Summa cum laude. M.S., Management, Louisiana State University, 1985.
J.D., Loyola University Law School, 1993.
Editor-in-Chief, Loyola Law Review. Graduated first in her class.
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Former Member of Jefferson Parish Personnel Board
- Shonda Brennan v. United Services Automobile Assn/(USAA)
- Christine Caminita v. Laura Cashio, USAA, and General Insurance Company
- Aluminum Fabrications v. St. Charles Gardens Association
- The Paragon Lofts Condominium Owners Association, Inc. v. The Paragon Lofts, L.L.C., Ekistics, Inc., Edifice Construction, Inc., The Roof Doctors, Inc., and Minerit, Inc.
- Glenn D. Schurr and Lori Schurr v. Christopher M. Gagnon, Milton L. Gagnon, United States Automobile Association (USAA) and Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Anthony Hill v. Amica Mutual Ins. Co.